Saturday, July 9, 2011

Kir with Ginger-Infused Cognac

From Adam:

Here's a cool drink I've been serving a bit pre-summer dinner. I admit that I saw it on tv, but it's delicious and not that hard if you are willing to keep a bit of a bar. Basically my girlfriend got me a bottle of Hennessy for some reason that I can't figure out what to do with, and this has worked out pretty well. It's a twist on a Kir.

Kir w/ Ginger-Infused Cognac

Pinot Grigio
Creme de Cassis
Cognac
Ginger
Honey
Lemon Twist

Make the Ginger-Infused Cognac in advance:
Peel the ginger and cut into 15-20 thin slices. Place them in a large glass or small bowl and add a good amount of honey over the top. Add cognac (10ish oz) and leave out to infuse for 24-48 hours (depending on how gingery you want it). Strain and keep to use anytime.

The Kir itself:
Ideally you make this is a shaker and strain the ice out, but you can build over ice also. Add ice, 1 oz (a little less than a shot) of creme de cassis, 1oz of the ginger-infused cognac., about a glass (6ish oz) of the wine, and a bit more honey. Shake and strain into a wine glass, or, if making over ice, stir directly in your collins (tall) glass. Add the lemon twist and drink up.

No comments:

Post a Comment